Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blog: Take 1

Hello blog world!

Well, finally. One of my big New Year's resolutions for this year 2009, both personally and professionally, is to start and keep a blog.

Here are a few purposes for this blog:
1. To keep our family, friends and customers abreast of where we are, how we are doing, where we will be next etc.
2. To share and communicate ideas about about all kinds of things, business, personal viewpoints, parenting, maybe even just silly stuff!
3. Ummm, because every one else is doing it and I want to hang with the cool kids? Lol, I kid, I kid (a little bit).

A few basics about us:
-We are a Mom (Amy) a Dad (Bob), a college-age daughter (Lexi), a 17yr son (Christian), and a baby (Callie, not a baby really, she's 12) and two suuuuuuuper cute maltese dogs (Pepper and Sugar).
-We lead a bit of an unconventional lifestyle. We have a traveling retail floral & gift business. We travel all over, all the time. Our kids (except for the college daughter) are virtual-schooled. They do school online through our public school district. Most of the year we travel in an old-school, retro 70's RV, the rest of the year we do the hotel thing.
-We have been self-employed for the most part for 13 years. It has been a real struggle at times. A trial by fire. A learn-as-you go. But, WE LOVE IT. It is not just what we do, it is our life, it is who we are.

Well, I guess I got through my first post. Please bear with me as I learn how to "shnazzy" this thing up with links, pics and more!

Keep comin' back!

-Amy :)

2 comments:

Alexia Klein said...

Wow! That sounds like an exciting lifestyle and a super awesome family! Congrats on the new blog! Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

You are blogging!!!!!!
I can't even believe me eyes!
yea!