Monday, December 29, 2008

Blog: Take 2

I feel like I have a million things to write about, ummm...or nothing. I can't decide. The important thing in BlogLand is the update tho, no? The new blog for today, so I will just go for it and not get tripped up by the pressure of it. Deep breath innnnnnnnnnnn, okay.

Business Tip for today:
GET TRIPLE AAA IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT!
Our beloved old red Dodge Caravan that has traveled us to more shows than we can count, died a quick but hopefully painless death right before Christmas on the way home from our last show of the year.

Bob was on his way home from Cincinnati and the van died in Chicago. She (the van) made it almost all the way home, close but oh so far. But not too far for Triple AAA to come carry her home at no cost to us, thank goodness. That tow would have cost 400.00. Triple AAA is 150.00 a year for our whole family. Between the 4 drivers in our family, with all the lock-outs, gas run-outs and lengthy travels, Triple AAA is quite well worth it! So it is my business tip for today but also a personal tip as well. I cannot see any driver that would not benefit from having Triple AAA.

What we need to do next: Find a new van! And quick! We need a new van by the time we go back to work (Jan 10th). We are looking for a bigger van than we had before. Either a conversion van or a 15-passenger. Craigslist, Craigslist, Craigslist! But, I don't understand why I keeping writing to new ads on Craigslist but get almost no responses? Do they want to sell their stuff or not? If anyone knows of a vehicle such as described please feel free to share :)

What else is going on: Nothing! I am trying to rest, really I am. I am not a good rester. All work makes Jack a dull boy. Yes? Yes.

One of the hardest things about being self-employed is that it is hard to know when you are off. Now a lot of people tend to think "Boy, if I was self-employed, I would, stay in my pajamas, I would have all this time, I could pursue all these other things" and while that should be true, what ends up happening is that there is always work to be done. And it is always staring you in the face and you have trouble saying to yourself "we already worked 10, 12 hrs today, let's take a break". So, I am trying with all my might to rest a bit as we have a very busy season coming up.

That's all for now, goodnight.
P.S. I write at night, I am a night person.

2 comments:

paula said...

Amy its good to read you, I can relate to the self employed bs as we are also self employed

Anonymous said...

did someone say, PAJAMAS?!
cuz that's like my favorite.