Friday, January 2, 2009

Dream a little dream....

,


What does it mean?????


In our family it is pretty commonplace to report each day, one's dream from the night before. Then we often take turns giving our expert opinion on the possible interpretation of the other person's dream. Sometimes we convince each other that their dream had deep meaning, sometimes we find them just hilariously comical and sometimes we just ask the other person what they ate before they went to bed.

We have some pretty recurring themes that run through our dreams around here. Lexi and I have "tornado" dreams, Bob & Christian have "chase" dreams, Callie dreams of things that she longs for and tends to have several dreams in one night. (Can you say A N X I E T Y, for most if us that live in this house?)

I have had some pretty intense dreams in my life that I can still remember vividly to this day. One includes Lexi falling into the Grand Canyon that I had when she was small, one was about the world ending that I had when I was small, and as I mentioned before, throw in a tornado dream or two or 15.

But last night on the first night of the New Year (or was it technically the second night of the New Year?) I HAD A DOOZEY OF A DREAM!

I would put it up there in my top 5 all-time most intense dreams.

The dream started out with me being outside. I was walking in a city (I don't know where) and the sky started to get weird and I thought to myself in my dream "oh here we go again, tornado dream" but instead there just started to be streaks of lightning running through the sky. More and more lightning as each moment passed and I thought, "I need to get inside" so I started to run. But as often happens in dreams, the faster I ran the faster I got nowhere. So, I stopped and I thought, no I knew, I was going to get struck by lightning. So, again I talked to myself in my dream and I said to myself "I won't feel it, it's only a dream". So, sure enough I got zapped by a HUGE streak of lightning! And here's the freaky part, I felt it! It didn't hurt per se but I definitely felt it. It was zingy and tingly and shaky and freaky!!! (Maybe I pinched a nerve in my sleep?)

Soooo.....
Here is the question raised:
What is the interpretation of the dream?

It could be a few things:

1. I was talking that day about being out in a bad storm this summer and being afraid of lightning.

2. I recently saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". If you saw it, you will know why it relates to this dream

OR

3. This is the dream dictionary definition for being struck by lightning in your dreams:

To see lightning in your dream, signifies sudden awareness, insight, spiritual revelation, truth and purification. Alternatively, lightning may imply a shocking turn of events. It suggests the many forces governing your life may be beyond your control and even destructive. To dream that you are struck by lightning, symbolizes irreversible changes occurring in your life. It is a transformation of sorts.

So, I ask you, what is your interpretation? Please weigh in:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my dream book lightening means;
Power: Instant miracle; kowledge;
judgment; destruction.
It depends on how you felt in your dream and when you woke up as to what slant you should take on it.
It does sound like it didn't kill you or hurt you so I'd take it (for myself) as instant miracle, or knowlege.
Sounds like you have some major going on in your spirit?

Anonymous said...

How the hell did you know I have chase dreams?

- Christian